As restrictions lift, we are taking steward applications.
We have an opportunity at Sati Saraniya Hermitage for a volunteer resident steward who has:
• a regular Dhamma practice
• experience in spiritual community
• a wish to deepen their practice by serving in a monastic setting
• time to make a 3 month commitment or longer.
A steward at Sati Saraniya Hermitage observes the Eight Precepts and follows the daily schedule of meditation and pujas. There are ample opportunities for individual meditation practice.
Duties of a resident steward include:
If you would like to inquire about joining us as a steward, please fill in the Request to Stay form on our website and include the following information:
• Why do you feel you are a suitable candidate,
• What motivates you to volunteer as a steward in a Buddhist monastery, and
• If you have any previous experience living in or staying in a monastic community, give details, and
• What is your current living situation?