Financial gifts are used to provide for the care and basic requisites of the resident monastics, including their medical and dental needs, robe cloth, clothing and footwear as well as utilities, repairs and upkeep of the monastery.
Ways to make a donation:
1. Pre-authorized direct deposit through your bank. This can be a one-time gift or a monthly donation. Please write to the treasurer for instructions or if you have any questions: email@example.com
2. Cheque made payable to: “Sati Saraniya Hermitage” or cash. You can make a donation at the Hermitage or send a cheque to the Hermitage by post (please do not post cash);
3. Online options:
- INTERAC e-mail Money Transfer at a charge of $1 or $1.50 per transfer depending on your bank. If you use online or mobile banking at a Canadian financial institution, you can make easily make a donation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your financial institution does not yet offer INTERAC e-transfer, you can still deposit transfers to any bank account in Canada. For details, see http://www.interac.ca/en/interac-e-transfer-consumer.html
- Canada Helps accepts online donations of major credit cards, Interac and Paypal. They retain 4.0% of one time donations and 3.5% of monthly donations for administrative costs. Canadian tax receipts are issued by Canada Helps for donations made through their organization.
- PayPal accepts one-time and recurring online donations through all major credit cards and Visa Debit. If you donate using your own PayPal account, they will retain 1.6% for each donation plus a per-transaction fee depending on the currency used ($0.30 for CAD). Canadian tax receipts are issued if you provide your full name and mailing address at the time of donation.
4. Gifts In-Kind for the Hermitage community include food items, monastic requisites, and household supplies and equipment. To receive a Canadian tax receipt, please submit store receipts from your donations of groceries or other items with your full name, postal and e-mail address.
Tax receipts for all gifts will be sent out at the end of the year. Our Canada Revenue Agency registered charity number is 84723 7419 RR0001.